KIO::UDSEntry and URL encoding

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Mon Aug 13 13:28:02 BST 2012

Hi,
(using 4.9.0)

when using konqueror and typing "man:" it starts to list possible entries which the kio_man slave generates.
However, konqueror displays percent encoded URLs, e.g. "man:%281%29/" instead of "man:(1)/"
kio_man creates the KIO::UDSEntry as follows:

            QString name = "man:/(" + *it + ')';
            uds_entry.insert( KIO::UDSEntry::UDS_NAME, sectionName( *it ) );
            uds_entry.insert( KIO::UDSEntry::UDS_URL, name );

(sectionName(...) delivers a human readable text)

What I do not find in the KIO::UDSEntry documentation is if the URL should use percent encoded strings or not.
However doing a simple test where I explicitely use QString name = "man:/%28" + *it + "%29";
does not work either.

Is this a general problem in konqueror (or the combobox it uses or I don't know where in kdelibs) or do I
have to change something in kio_man ?

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin