TechBase git policies, infrastructure documentation, please

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Apr 29 13:33:31 BST 2012

On Sunday 29 April 2012, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Sunday 29 April 2012, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> > On Sunday 29 April 2012 13:11:19 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > > Can somebody please take care of the sorry state of our git
> > > documentation ? There were so many people supporting it, can please
> > > somebody document it ? On techbase.kde.org, not in some blog or
> > > wherever.
> >
> > For the record: http://community.kde.org/Sysadmin/GitKdeOrgManual
>
> This should be on or linked from techbase.

As I understand it, the community.kde.org wiki us for working documents,
temporary things, or stuff which is not yet finished.

techbase.kde.org OTOH is the place where you can find reference documentation
for everything related to KDE development.

So this belongs clearly on techbase.

git is a powerful tool, and you can use it in many different ways. It needs to
be easy to find out how git is intended to be used in KDE. I don't know where
this is documented. I expect this on techbase.

Last year at the platform meeting in Randa we talked about the "Developer
story" we have to offer.
If it's unclear how to use our git the story ends right there.
So, please, sombody take care of documenting the intended workflows on
techbase.kde.org .

Alex