Extra KDE Telepathy modules moving to Extragear

George Kiagiadakis kiagiadakis.george at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 14:08:41 BST 2012

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 11:07 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> El Dimecres, 25 d'abril de 2012, a les 18:15:00, David Edmundson va escriure:
>> We would like to move 2 more KDE Telepathy modules to Extragear, to
>> join our existing code.
>>
>> KTp Call UI [1]
>>
>> Provides a GUI for making video calls in telepathy. For details see [2][3]
>
> Could you add some context to "Answer"? To the translator it's not obvious if
> it's the name or the verb that he is translating.

Done.

>> Telepathy Logger Qt [4]
>>
>> This provides Qt bindings for Telepathy-Logger a daemon that logs all
>> text messages received. This is an optional dependency for ktp-text-ui
>> which allows us to show a backlog and a way to view old log messages.
>> This was imported from Collabora's git repository. I moved it into KDE
>> playground where I'm maintaining it after Collabora seemed to lose any
>> interest in keeping it up to date or making a release. This has been
>> discussed on their mailing list. [5].
>
> utils.h is installed but its class not exported? What's the reason for that?

Looks like a mistake. I'll fix it.

> Some installed headers do not have a dpointer, i know this is a "obscure"
> library, but i think you should at least try to d-pointify them if you are
> making this a public library.

No, the classes that wrap GObjects do not need a d-pointer. All the
calls are forwarded to the underlying GObject and if for any reason we
ever need to save extra data on the wrapper class (which is highly
unlikely), we should use the GObject qdata for that. Wrapper classes
may be destroyed and re-allocated by QtGLib and therefore they
shouldn't hold any data.