KIO / KWebView and PrivateBrowsing (Cookies)

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Tue Apr 24 13:13:15 BST 2012

After reading the patch and understanding a little bit more how this work I
reached the following conclusion (potentially wrong as before :p).

storageDisabled should work as it does right now (without the patch), it does
disable any storage and allow reading, which imho it is exactly what you
expect from "disable storage".

So, how do we enable Private Browsing in AcessManager?
By setting a different CookieJar, the default Qt implementation will do the
job perfectly storing all the cookies in memory until the jar is destroyed
(Private Browsing disabled).

Right now any new CookieJar set via QNetworkAccessManager::setCookieJar will
be ignored by Integration::AccessManager since at the end kio_http will use
the "auto" cookie mode.

So, the solution should be:

-Fix the support for external QNetworkCookieJar's, this will have to be done
anyway since Integration should have support for it.

-Fix KWebPage to set a custom CookieJar when private browsing is activated.

What do you think? does it make any sense at all this time?

Thanks !