Fwd: import kde-thumbnail-po into kdesdk

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Mon Apr 23 12:33:18 BST 2012

> what about through kde reviewboard, like kio-recentdocuments plugin[1]
> I don't think it is necessary for a plugin to follow application lifecycle
> policy to get into kde main modules or extragear ones.
> but I couldn't find the reviewboard group for kdesdk, so I may have to put
> this plugin in kdereview and wait reviewing for weeks.

I think the important question is where the project should reside in
the end. If the project should go into an already existing repository
(subproject, like kdesdk/foobar), reviewboard is probably better, but
if this plugin should live on its own (for instance in kdesdk directly
with separate repository establishment, as you have asked for), then
probably application lifecycle as Albert mentioned.

Although, kdesdk is still under the svn umbrella [1]. I have been told
previously there are plans for the git migration by 4.9, but I am not
sure about the current situation with regards to that. My impression
is that the "submodules" in kdesdk should be separated in the end
(after the git migration, the latest), so I do not need to clone
"okteta" for instance, if I would just like to work on "lokalize".

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp

[1] http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdesdk/