Setting up a Quality Team within KDE

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Sat Apr 14 17:12:20 BST 2012

> Afterwards it runs cppcheck on the source code...

That is a really nice advantage, if it can be integrated with handy
tools. Although, I would personally like to use much more advanced and
useful tools than cppcheck.

[...]
> But overall these are two very useful solutions which do not compete with each
> other and we should make use of them in a useful combined way, e.g. by
> submitting build results from build.kde.org to CDash.

Fair enough, thanks.

One additional comment on my side is that, if I read these lines on
the jenkins website, I have the impression Jenkins can cover the use
case of CDash in the sense of running the build from cron jobs:

"Monitoring executions of externally-run jobs, such as cron jobs and
procmail jobs, even those that are run on a remote machine. For
example, with cron, all you receive is regular e-mails that capture
the output, and it is up to you to look at them diligently and notice
when it broke. Jenkins keeps those outputs and makes it easy for you
to notice when something is wrong."

As far as I have been told, there are no limitations in the future for
involving (certain?) playground projects. Although, since it is still
just an experiment, even though the outcome looks quite impressive
from what I can say, it is probably better to involve kde sc and
extragear projects first because of the limited resources.

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp