Setting up a Quality Team within KDE

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Wed Apr 11 01:27:56 BST 2012

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 00:38, Michael Jansen <kde at michael-jansen.biz> wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 10, 2012 09:20:57 AM Allen Winter wrote:
>> On Thursday 05 April 2012 7:42:48 AM Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >

>> > A new mailing list has been set up in order to discuss all this: please
>> > subscribe to it if you would like to be part of this
>> > https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-testing
>> > An IRC channel also was created on Freenode:
>> > #kde-quality
>> >
>> > Please join the mailing list and the IRC channel so we can setup a plan
>> > to start putting all this in gear!
>>
>> Let's please end this discussion about the various tools and stuff here on
>> k-c-d.
>>
>> If you want to talk about those things, please use the new kde-testing
>> mailing list or the IRC channel which are dedicated to the broader topic.
>
> I am starting to get annoyed by that please follow me to the secluded place
> over there so noone can listen in thing that is creeping up in kde.

It is neither secret nor secluded, the archives are public and it was
announce all over the place.

> I do no consider this ml a to high volume one and this stuff is in my opinion
> exactly what this list should be about. By moving the discussion out of here
> you just guarantee that whatever is chosen will sit in obscurity like before.
>
> Because i won't follow you. And i guess some others won't either.

The aim of the Quality team stretches way beyond kde-core as it
concerns the whole KDE community, and I am sure you would soon be
annoyed enough if testing a Game or Amarok start showing up in here,
together with questions from dozens of beta-testers on how to test one
particular feature you are not interested and which doesn't concern
kde-core-devel.

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org