Setting up a Quality Team within KDE

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Mon Apr 9 14:27:17 BST 2012

> Well, I'd say jenkins has a lot more to offer than cdash. Its also a lot
> simpler to use, setup and understand for newcomers in my opinion. With
> jenkins I can have a shell-script job which runs cmake && make && make
> test and be done. Setting up a build for submission to cdash takes a lot
> more effort - at least it did when I tried to do this maybe things got
> easier meanwhile.

It has been simpler than I thought when I have set the functionality
up with a little bit of guidance last summer. I think we could
probably even make the setup easier with some automated script or so
by solving the boilerplate part of the relevant cmake files. As far as
I see the admin setting this up needs to know some parameters if I am
not too mistaken.

I do not have any opinions about the web interface differences because
I do not visit that. I have been getting the warnings, errors and unit
test failures via email, if any.

I will also try out this Jenkins in the future once I find the time
for that, but I have been a happy CDash user for about ten months by
now. :-)

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp