GSoC: automatic brightness adjustment

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 15:39:51 BST 2012

Il 05 aprile 2012 16:28, Christopher Blauvelt <cblauvelt at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 7:20 AM, Dario Freddi <drf54321 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Il 05 aprile 2012 07:32, Mike Dean <miketdean at gmail.com> ha scritto:
>> > As an electrical engineer, I find this idea sound.
>>
>> Allow me, as an information engineer and a computer scientist, to
>>

> As an engineer (choo, choo, I'm wearing my hat!)

With my "reading between the lines" hat, my allusion was very ironic,
if it wasn't clear :)

> allow me to remind everyone
> that the wake-ups from the timers associated with such sampling would
> prevent the CPU from going into power-save mode causing increased power
> draw.

And in my previous mail I forgot how the overhead given from
processing the resulting image would draw CPU resources and power
every reasonably short interval.

Any other engineers want to give out their opinion? :D (joking)