mentor needed for start-up optimization Season of KDE student

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Tue Sep 27 16:26:14 BST 2011

On Tuesday 27 September 2011 16:57:20 Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> Heya folks :)
>
> I've got an eager SoK student who needs a mentor for a bit of
> hand-holding in the coding part of his project. He's already done
> extensive research but is stuck on the implementation part because his
> initial mentor isn't responding. The project is about optimizing
> start-up time. Anyone able to pick this up? You'd totally land on my
> list of people who seriously rock. I'd hate to let this enthusiastic
> student leave just because of an unresponsive mentor.
In case you don't find someone else, I would help as I think this is extremely important and we could do much better (hello
systemd) and at least for KWin  startup improvement has been on my agenda for 4.8 anyway.

No matter what I (and I think many other workspace developers) are very interested to see the results of the research on
our startup.

Cheers
Martin