frameworks branch now requires CMake 2.8.6 RC 2

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 18:05:51 BST 2011

Alexander Neundorf wrote:

>> That leaves enable_final and setting LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES to empty.
>> I'm
>
> Setting LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES to empty is still needed and wanted.
> By default, all libraries a target is linked agaonst are in the
> LINK_INTERFACE, which leads to unnecessary dependencies and increased load
> time.
> The alternative would be not to set it to empty, and expect our developers
> to take care of it. I think this is not realistic.
> So I'm quite sure we still want that

I was thinking about this again, and I thought that it might be changable in
CMake. What would you think of making

set(CMAKE_SET_LINK_INTERFACE_EMPTY ON)

be the equivalent of setting it empty for each target? I'd be willing to
write the patch to CMake. Do you think it's an acceptable way to do this if
CMake accepts it?