synching kactivities in kdelibs/4.7

Manuel "Sputnick" Nickschas sputnick at quassel-irc.org
Wed Sep 21 10:40:21 BST 2011

On Tuesday 20 September 2011 14:10:54 Ivan Čukić wrote:
> > Both "kactivities/master" and "kdelibs/4.7" install the file
> > "lib/libkactivities.so", preventing package generation, so something
> > has to change.
>
> kdelibs/4.7 shouldn't be used with a separate libkactivities. This is
> for 4.8 and further.

I believe we are supposed to build the rest of KDE (git) against the 4.7
branch of kdelibs now, since master is stale and frozen? Has that changed
again?

> The problem can be that some (plasma active 1.o) packages need to have
> this combination, but that is a singularity, so it can just be a
> specially handled case - that is, package kdelibs w/o libkactivities.

Currently, half of workspace fails to configure because CMake can't find
kactivities. Apparently, the needed cmake stuff is only in the separate
repository (unless someone fixed that in kdelibs within the past two days, I
couldn't try since).

So in order to make workspace build, we seem to need the separate kactivites
now - which collides with the version kdelibs installs.

Could someone please clarify how we're supposed to handle this situation, if
distros packaging KDE from git should also package kactivities (in which case
kdelibs need fixing to not install the lib), or if we should ignore the
separate repo and continue to use the one from kdelibs (in which case kdelibs
needs fixing to provide the cmake stuff)?

Thanks,
~ Sput
--
Manuel "Sputnick" Nickschas ("Sput" on Freenode)                  |  (o<
Member of the Quassel IRC Project - http://quassel-irc.org        |  //\