synching kactivities in kdelibs/4.7

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Tue Sep 20 13:10:54 BST 2011

> Both "kactivities/master" and "kdelibs/4.7" install the file
> "lib/libkactivities.so", preventing package generation, so something
> has to change.

kdelibs/4.7 shouldn't be used with a separate libkactivities. This is
for 4.8 and further.

The problem can be that some (plasma active 1.o) packages need to have
this combination, but that is a singularity, so it can just be a
specially handled case - that is, package kdelibs w/o libkactivities.

The transition to KF5 would be quite fun if we had to rename a library
whenever it gets moved from kdelibs into a separate repository*.

--
Cheerio,
Ivan

* altohugh, this is not something I'm totally against of, we could
agree to have everything named libkf5-name, or whatever... but this
could be counter-productive when 3rd parties' usage of kf5 are
concerned... and it is not a part of this discussion ;)

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard