synching kactivities in kdelibs/4.7

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Sep 19 15:27:18 BST 2011

Hi all,

I'd like to ask for comment about the plan to update the copy of
libkactivities (which resides in kdelibs/experimental/kactivities) to its
latest status. The latest status is BIC compared with the copy in kdelibs, but
required to build workspace master, and Plasma Active.

Moving towards Frameworks 5, we've split out the kactivities library into its
own repo (kde:kactivities), but left, for compat reasons, a copy back in
kdelibs (which now ran out of date).

Initially, I thought we could get away with this, but it causes more headache
than I think we should bear, especially with kdelibs master being frozen, and
the changes just touching the experimental lib.

Right now, kde-workspace master depends on these changes, and so does Plasma
Active. There are no other users that I know of, so the scope of this change
is rather minimal.

Any objections to this?
--
sebas