[Nepomuk] Nepomuk code moved to nepomuk-core

Sebastian Trüg trueg at kde.org
Sat Sep 17 12:40:55 BST 2011

On 09/16/2011 11:46 AM, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Dijous, 15 de setembre de 2011, Sebastian Trüg vàreu escriure:
>> With the currently ongoing split of kdelibs and kde-runtime according to
>> KDE 5.0 frameworks Nepomuk has already partly been reorganized:
>>
>> kdelibs/nepomuk and most parts of kde-runtime/nepomuk have been moved
>> into the new repository "nepomuk-core". kdelibs master has already been
>> frozen for some time. kde-runtime/nepomuk master is now effectively
>> frozen as development has moved to the new nepomuk-core repository.
>>
>> Shortly new repositories as outlined in [1] will be created to contain
>> the rest of kde-runtime/nepomuk.
>
> This is suboptimal regarding translations since now we have 2 different
> repositories that want to create a translation template with the same name.
> Please comment out or remove the Messages.sh file from kde-runtime/nepomuk

damn, I always forget the translations. Very sorry about that.

Now what is the solution. To be honest I am very confused about the 4.8
release. kdelibs master is frozen. kde-runtime master apparently should
be frozen but is not. There will be no changed in kdelibs for 4.8 but
Nepomuk needs them (well, we could do them as bugfixes in 4.7 also).
Then what about kde-runtime master? Should we continue to work in there
until 4.8? If so, I would disable translations on nepomuk-core and only
enable them for 5.0.

Someone please advise as I am confused...

Cheers,
Sebastian