systemd and KDE (was: Re: kdeinit)

Stefan Majewsky stefan.majewsky at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 14 21:04:00 BST 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 3:11 PM, Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:
> I couldn't see this, but maybe I missed it. At least you can get the
> cgroup, and then you can look in the "procs" file to get a list of
> pids belonging to the group.

I think you should be fine with traversing the cgroup hierarchy.
Without having read it, the code of systemd-cgls should tell you
everything you need. As for getting this information from systemd via
D-Bus, systemd only allows the
org.freedesktop.systemd1.Manager.ListUnits method to be called by
non-root. I remember that I wanted to ask Lennart about this, but it
seems I never came around to doing it. Will do that now.

Greetings
Stefan