Proposal to use QIcon in APIs in KF5.

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Wed Sep 14 00:41:49 BST 2011

On Tuesday, September 13, 2011 14:25:02 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 07, 2011 02:11:11 AM Michael Pyne wrote:
> > I really think the underlying concern is less about that per se but is
> > instead two-pronged:
>
> > 2) Porting KClasses to functionally equivalent QClasses, but losing the
> > ability to modify those KClasses as needed for the Desktop.
>
> This can still be done once our stuff has gone into the QClasses. It is
> "just" that we then depend on the next release of the library which
> contains that QClass.

The problem isn't with the per se, but with the fact that for however close
KDE is to the Qt upstream, we don't *control* those classes. The Qt Project's
committers would still be free to reject a change required by KDE (and the
long-time existence of KDE patches against qt-copy and Qt in gitorious was
testament to that).

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne