suggestion & PATCH: center shutdown-dialog on screen containing mouse-pointer

Thomas Gahr ml at dadommas.de
Tue Sep 6 19:17:54 BST 2011

Hello!

This concerns kde-workspace

In my dual-screen setup I have a second instance of the kde-menu on the second
screen and what has always been bugging me:
When I activate "logout" or "shutdown" or alike from this kde-menu the
confirmation-dialog always gets shown on screen #0 no matter what.
So I cooked up this little patch which adds 6 characters of code and a lot of
joy for me ;)

I tested this on Fedora15's kdebase-workspace-4.7.0 packages and it works like
a charm, I don't think that this patch can introduce any major problems.

No difference for users of single-screen configuration. Only difference for users
of multi-screen configuration: if shutdown is triggered by a hotkey and not by
mouse, the dialog will still get centered on the screen containing the mouse-
pointer. But I can't imagine that this is a major usability issue since the
user's attention tends to be where the mouse-pointer is anyway.

Though tbh I have no idea how this will behave on touch devices...

Cheers,

Thomas Gahr