[proposal] KSecretsService components moving from playground

Valentin Rusu kde at rusu.info
Mon Oct 31 19:05:53 GMT 2011

On 10/31/2011 03:48 PM, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> it's hallloween .. let's reanimate a dead thread to celebrate! ;)
trick or treat! :-)
> in KSecretsService, metatypes are initialized like this:
>
> 	qRegisterMetaType<SecretStruct>();
This line comes from kdeui/ksecretsservice/dbusbackend.cpp or from other
place?
Because the .cpp file has the using namespace directive.
And I'm already using the API without problems from the ksecrets and
kwl2kss utilities.

> this is a problem because it does not include the namespace. which afaik means
> that code that wishes to use this needs to first do:
>
> 	using namespace KSecretsService;
>
> somewhere in the code before using these metatypes. this is not good as it
> pretty much destroys the point of having a namespace :)
Take a look to ksecretsservicedebustypes.h and see the
Q_DECLARE_METATYPE( KSecretsService::SecretStruct )

As you see, I already fought the namespace issue ;-)

--
Valentin Rusu (IRC valir, KDE vrusu)
KSecretsService (former KSecretService, KWallet replacement)