FindKActivities.cmake missing from kdelibs KDE/4.7 ?

todd rme toddrme2178 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 10:08:24 BST 2011

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 7:58 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 17.10.11 19:45:07, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
>> Lundi, le 17 octobre 2011, à 19:35, Alex Merry a écrit:

>> > FindKActivities is provided by libkactivities (the kactivities module on
>> > git.kde.org).  If you don't have it, there won't be such a file.
>>
>> Hm, but kdelibs KDE/4.7 has (and builds+installs for me by default)
>> experimental/libkactivities, isn't that the "official" version of
>> libkactivities to use?
>
> Apparently not, but last I checked everybody disagreed about the
> 'correct' solution since some do not want such changes in 4.7 but others
> don't want to wait for 5.x. Basically the whole development process is
> in limbo - unfortunately.

Alright, so there are three versions it seems:

1. The version that comes with kdelibs 4.7.x
2. The git active/1.0 version
3. The master version

Which version should distributions be shipping?  I notice that plasma
active has patched their spec file to exclude the version in kdelibs
and use their own, but is that the solution distributions should be
using as well?

-Todd