Review Request: only install CMakeParseArguments.cmake for cmake versions that do not have it

Ralf Jung ralfjung-e at gmx.de
Sun Oct 16 13:05:47 BST 2011

Hi,

> > The problem is that this results in a warning about CMake files being
> > overridden when running cmake for kde-workspace.
>
> Can you post the exact warning message here, please ?

Sure, here it is:
CMake Warning (dev) at
/usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:86 (INCLUDE):
  File /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake
  includes /opt/kde/share/apps/cmake/modules/CMakeParseArguments.cmake (found
  via CMAKE_MODULE_PATH) which shadows
  /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeParseArguments.cmake.  This may cause
  errors later on .

  Policy CMP0017 is not set: Prefer files from the CMake module directory
  when including from there.  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0017" for policy
  details.  Use the cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress this
  warning.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindThreads.cmake:156 (INCLUDE)
  /opt/kde/share/apps/cmake/modules/Qt4ConfigDependentSettings.cmake:32
(FIND_PACKAGE)
  /opt/kde/share/apps/cmake/modules/FindQt4.cmake:1230 (INCLUDE)
  libs/kephal/tests/CMakeLists.txt:3 (FIND_PACKAGE)
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

Of course I could just ignore and live with it - it's kind of asking for
trouble however, and it stuck out while I looked for cmake issues on my
system, so I wanted to get rid of it. I only used cmake for much smaller
projects so far though ;-)

> Instead we'll require cmake 2.8.6 (or 2.8.7) in the not too far future.
> Then the file can be removed and the warning goes away.
Debian testing and unstable as well as the current Ubuntu are still at 2.8.5,
so please don't go ahead too fast.

Kind regards,
Ralf