Module layout proposal: Split kdegames-data from kdegames

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Oct 15 16:58:43 BST 2011

A Divendres, 14 d'octubre de 2011, Stefan Majewsky vàreu escriure:
> [@CC: please keep discussion on k-c-d and k-g-d only]
>
> Moin moin,
>
> ==== EXECUTIVE SUMMARY ====
>
> I propose to move the data files from the kdegames module into a new
> kdegames-data module to
> 1. facilitate the move of the remaining source code to Git (while a
> method of storing binary data files in Git efficiently is still being
> worked on) and
> 2. enable developers to fetch and compile the kdegames source without
> having to download the data files again.

As I said before, I disagree with this, it imposes pain into regular
contributors (as now I have to checkout two repos and install two instead of
one and remember where things I want to commit are) in favour of the mythical
drive-by contributor. And then again I do not see the benefit for the drive-by
contributor since obviously he'll still need to checkout the data repository
if he wants to make sure the patch he is making works.

Albert