Security Audit Request for Screenlocker Branch

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 14:55:15 BST 2011

Am Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:33:39 +0200
schrieb Torgny Nyblom <nyblom at kde.org>:

> Does this mean that I will be focred to use a screensaver with
> password unlock? If so why is that not a vaild usecase? It's what I
> use at home all the time.
"Why that?"

xdpms saves you power (and screen, if that would be any necessary) and
neither the last generation of CRTs nor any consumer quality tft "burns
in" - the only trouble makers would be plasma (sic! ;-) TVs which still
suck so much power that you should really turn them off while they're
not in use.

Locking the screen is a valid requirement, but just rendering some
fancy stuff (while you're not there anyway) is pointless energy (what
today often means "battery") wasting.

So you want to do that again why?

Cheers,
Thomas