a confusion beetwen cmake/ccmake and FindKDE4Internal.cmake

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Oct 9 16:30:59 BST 2011

On Saturday 08 October 2011, Guy Maurel wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I made an experience (little depressive) at the build of kdelibs.
>
> The tool ccmake is showing something erroness: The values of
> CMAKE_C_FLAGS and CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS are shown with -g
> One may change these values to another value.
> BUT the file FindKDE4Internal.cmake is stronger.
> The generated files flags.make contains the values from the
> file FindKDE4Internal.cmake
>
> It might be a "good" way, but a beginner (such as I) don't see
> anything, don't anderstand what is working.
> Could a comment (in the CMakeCache.txt/ at the results list)
> be generated to explain this?

The variables are set in FindKDE4Internal.cmake.
Setting a variable directly
set(FOO "some value")
overrides any existing variable with the same name from the cache.
So if there was already a variable with the same name in the cache, but a
different value (e.g. FOO="bar" in the cache), this will be overridden.

We will probably change this in the buildsystem with the transition to KDE
frameworks.

If you want to help, join us on the kde-buildsystem list :-)

Alex