kdelibs 4.8? What to do about GENERIC_LIB_VERSION?

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 20:57:51 BST 2011

Am Mon, 03 Oct 2011 21:37:51 +0200
schrieb Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>:

> Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> I don't want to have lengthy threads on kcd
> > each other week were developers state how evil KDE is by not
> > letting them include their awesome feature NOW.

> making fun of volunteers trying to contribute features to KDE
> failing because of a stupid bureaucratic policy [...]

a) Given the recent flamewars on kde-devel i don't see any fun in
Martin's statement :-(

b) I guess you got the "moving target on a moving target" part, did
you?
As much as i understood the kdelibs freeze is there to keep workload
under control and kdelibs & frameworks in sync during the transition,
I've so far not seen a counterproof and that's not my interpretation of
"bureaucratic".

There've always been freezes and they always suck when
you want to push sth.
This freeze is gonna take a little longer and you just push afterwards
as well.
So what's the big difference?

Cheers,
Thomas