The future of Power Management - together with Activities

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Sun Oct 2 18:48:03 BST 2011

On Sunday, October 02, 2011 12:26:14 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Sunday, 2011-10-02, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Hmm, that means I have to learn about activities if I ever want to watch
> > a movie while I'm without ac...
>
> Shouldn't the movie player inhibit display replated saving functions in this
> case?
> (Assuming you meant playing a movie in full screen).

Yes, actually. But if the movie player doesn't do this, why should we forbid
the user from being able to easily do it? After all, the user might actually
*want* the screen to go blank after an hour. My own wife can't seem to fall
asleep at night without watching TV or a movie but that doesn't mean she would
mind if the TV/monitor turned off when she was sleeping.

Either way it sounds like this has been a bunch more "hub-bub" than was
strictly necessary, seems the idea is that the user would just change the
options for the current profile, instead of changing which profile is in
effect at the time.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne