The future of Power Management - together with Activities

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Sat Oct 1 22:41:42 BST 2011

On Lørdag den 1. oktober 2011, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> I don't understand how creating a new activity represents an improvement
> to  the user.  If I understand the proposal correctly the user will only
> use the power manager to change existing profiles and if they want to
> create an alternative profile they will have to us something that is not
> the power manager.

I have a usecase that illustratess it: I created a power management profile
for using on my boat, where low power consumption goes with staying up as long
as possible. To accomplish that, I also created an activity which have no
networkdependent plasmoids or applications running (or anything
resourcehungry, except for relevant stuff)

With the proposed system, they will be naturally paired, which is very nice.

--
Anders