This starts to become a dangerous path (Was: New Feature for kdelibs)

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 21:42:10 GMT 2011

Am Tue, 15 Nov 2011 22:16:11 +0100
schrieb Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org>:

> Hmm. AFAIK we have currently two cases. One is SecretService and the
> other one is something with cookies or so.
>
> How about "it is ok to add it to kdelibs if it is also added to
> frameworks" or something like this ?

You have been around the real world lately?
"But it's only Greece, they've like no economy anyway and we could
more or less easily pay all their debts at once"

You noticed the reactions?

(Sorry to all Greek fellows, you've to such that for a while ;-)

I do agree that single coordinated merges (including keeping fixes and
extensions in sync) /can/ be done - esp. depending on the commiters
attitude. So i guess this is simply a matter of policy to prevent stuff
like "But dad.... Aaaaron! Valentin and Kevin were allowed as well!!!"

And the experience from the rest of my life frankly at least tells me,
that you need to sharply define exceptions by conditions and not cases.

Cheers,
Thomas