[proposal] Move all of the ksecretsservice components into kdeutils/ksecrets

Valentin Rusu kde at rusu.info
Mon Nov 14 20:43:12 GMT 2011

On 11/14/2011 09:19 PM, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> On Monday, November 14, 2011 18:04:08 Kevin Ottens wrote:
>
> > * Introducing a plugin loading approach inside of the KWallet
> convenience
>
> > API * Make your current code for the KWallet convenience API a
> plugin for
>
> > the above mechanism (seeing your code right now, it'll even map
> fairly well
>
> > as in most places it's right now "if (m_secretServices)" else it
> uses the
>
> > old code path) and have this plugin installed at the same time than your
>
> > library.
>
> as a mea culpa, if Valentin is OK with it, i volunteer to write the
> plugin support.

Ok, the mea culpa is enough for me :-)
I prefer writing the plug-in myself, as I need to master this technique too.
What would be the current "beautiful" plug-in implementation to take as
an example?

> Valentin: please let me know when ksecretservice is in its own repo,
> and i'll take care of the kwallet integration ... technically it's a
> new feature that'll be dropping into 4.8's kdelibs, but it's a
> reasonable compromise imho.

Ok, works for me.

> i will commit it after the 4.7.4 release so as not to interfere with that.

Ok, I'll commit that after 4.7.4.

--
Valentin Rusu (IRC valir, KDE vrusu)
KSecretsService (former KSecretService, KWallet replacement)