[proposal] Move all of the ksecretsservice components into kdeutils/ksecrets

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Sun Nov 13 14:40:41 GMT 2011

On Saturday, November 12, 2011 08:12:27 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> All this stuff is going to make things much more work for us packagers
> (just  like the separate kactivities), for no good reason other than some
> arbitrary "we froze kdelibs" decision!

Calling it an arbitrary decision shows either of two things: you ignore the
rationale behind it, or you don't understand it. Please fix the applicable
problem(s) in your emails.

Frameworks 5 was a very conscious decision taken by the people, who by all
reasonable means are in the position to do so, and so was freezing kdelibs. I
understand you're not happy with this decision, and I'm sure by now everybody
else knows that, too -- no need to repeat it over and over again without any
added value. People are actually getting tired of it.

Stating the bleeding obvious, if you want to get kdelibs (or its successor)
open to feature additions, help getting F5 ready, don't make it take longer.
--
sebas