Request: remove libkactivites from kdelibs (in experimental/)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Nov 11 16:24:38 GMT 2011

On Friday, November 11, 2011 16:50:00 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Friday 11 November 2011, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > note that the decisions which i am simply repeating and asking people to
> > respect were made this past summer in a meeting of some 30 libs
> > contributors and then brought here to k-c-d for further discussion. to
> > ignore would be disrespectful of the time honoured principles in KDE.
>
> I'd prefer if there wouldn't be a separate mailing list for the frameworks
> effort, but if it would use k-c-d instead. IMO this _is_ kde core
> development. This would make it more public (yes, it is completely public,
> but still a bit hidden if you didn't subscribe the frameworks list).

you might be right. the concerns that were raised was that k-c-d has gotten
pretty noisy and at times the place where the proverbial peanut gallery comes
to hang out ;) i'm not sure a separate list was the best idea, however it the
signal-to-noise ratio was the motivation.

> > * Qt5 is not Qt4: it isn't a huge burdon to port things over. the code and
> > API is essentially the same.
> >
> > * we aren't going for "add lots of huge new functionality blocks" (e.g.
> > solid, phonon, threadweaver, sonnet, etc. etc. etc.); this is a
> > maintenance reorganization, an opportunity to merge functionality into Qt5
>
> ... and into CMake, which is making good progress btw. :-)

yes i've been sort-of-kind-of following that and its looking pretty promising
indeed! :) integrated automoc ftw...

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se