New Feature for kdelibs (Was: The case for a kdelibs 4.8)

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 22:44:21 GMT 2011

On Wednesday 09 November 2011 16:45:55 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 9, 2011 15:28:48 andrea diamantini wrote:
> > I think that every app using cookies would like to have this patch
> > merged
> > ASAP, expecially browsers.
> > This will help/fix/improve features like "private browsing" and so on.
> > So please don't let us wait for the "big Universe reordering" to have
> > it. :)
> help us make the "big universe reording" happen and everyone will get these
> kinds of changes sooner.
>
> frameworks needs to happen. to happen, it needs people working on it. if we
> continue to allow ourselves to work on 4.x instead .... well, the math is
> simple.
> the problem here is that people do not yet consider frameworks to be the
> next version of kdelibs. it has not yet sunk in that, yes, indeed kdelibs
> 4.x is done. bug fixes are welcome and encouraged, of course, and are
> merged into frameworks.
>
> but we need to shift into a mindset where framework _is_ the next version of
> kdelibs. not something for someone else to work on and give us in some far
> distant undetermined future, but for us to work on so we can have it sooner
> rather than later.

4.x is where I'm living/fighting/coding/writing now.
I'm sorry to say, in my mind next version of kdelibs is 4.8. And it will be
based on the upcoming (not yet released) Qt 4.8.

Thinking about "frameworks" without having yet a decent idea of what will be
Qt5 is impossible for me. But probably it's me, because I usually start coding
after 10pm...

--
Andrea Diamantini, adjam

rekonq project