Synaptiks translation

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Nov 7 12:31:03 GMT 2011

A Diumenge, 6 de novembre de 2011, Yuri Chornoivan vàreu escriure:
> Hi!

Hi

> For some time the development [1] and translation of KDE touchpad KCM
> (Synaptiks) is moved to github [2, 3].
>
> But there is leftover of the code in KDE SVN [4]. This branch is still
> being translated by KDE translation teams [5, 6].
>
> 1) Are the any plans to move Synaptiks code to KDE git where KDE
> translation teams can do their job properly?
> 2) Is it possible to re-use KDE translations for Synaptiks if the code
> will be on github?
> 3) Can the code in SVN be safely removed to avoid confusion of unused
> translations?

Depends on the answers of the previous questions, if the author does not want
to come back to KDE, yes we need to remove the translations from our
repository.

> 4) If the code will be stored on github is it possible to connect KDE
> translations with github as it gives many benefits (.desktop file and
> manual translation)?

I am not sure our infrastructure can cope with translating things that are not
hosted in our repos, but personally i don't see a need to do it. You either
want to be in KDE repos with the benefits it gives you or you do not.

Albert