Bug in kcfg, KColorCombo not handled correct

Christoph Feck christoph at maxiom.de
Thu Nov 3 20:50:17 GMT 2011

On Thursday 03 November 2011 13:14:31 Dag Andersen wrote:
> Torsdag 03 november 2011 10:32:43 skrev Christoph Feck:
> > On Thursday 03 November 2011 09:47:45 Dag Andersen wrote:
> > > AFAICS this commit:
> > > 8e95387f0d96ceb8439339643d1b9286a9204662
> > > broke kcfg handling of KColorCombo.
> > >
> > > The attached patch fixes it for me.
> >
> > Hm, KColorCombo has a user property, so it should work. The patch
> > is not good, because no other subclasses of QComboBox are
> > handled. Can you find out why the user property of KColorCombo
> > is not respected?
>
> I added property
> kcfg_property=color
> to my KColorCombos and now it works, but this seems like an
> unnecessary complication to me.
>
> > Christoph Feck (kdepepo)

I think I see what's going wrong. We decided to ignore the user
property for QComboBox once Qt added it, because it was different from
what KDE expected (KDE needs the text, Qt uses the index).

We should continue to ignore this user property from QComboBox and all
its subclasses, _unless_ the subclass has its own user property, like
KColorCombo does.

I have to check if Qt's meta system can supply this information...

Christoph Feck (kdepepo)