getting rid of qt3support in kde-workspace

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed May 25 19:46:35 BST 2011

A Wednesday, May 25, 2011, Boudewijn Rempt va escriure:
> On Wed, 25 May 2011, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > A Wednesday, May 25, 2011, Aaron J. Seigo va escriure:
> >> hi :)
> >>
> >> i just finished pushing a set of changes to the (ironically named?)
> >> qt3support branch in kde-workspace which leaves no traces of qt3support
> >> or kde3support left in that module. huzzah!
> >>
> >> i'm ok with holding on to the branch until 4.8, but if there is interest
> >> in getting this into 4.7 it should be a fairly safe merge and would
> >> allow distributors to ship kde-workspace without a dependency on
> >> qt3/kde3support.
> >
> > Is there a real demand for this?
>
> Yes, I'd say there's a real demand. qt3/kde3 support takes space and
> qt3-support doesn't exist on OSX anymore, and is going to disappear
> everywhere else.

That's just facts, not saying who is demanding KDE 4.7 to have no qt3support.

> After Qt 4.8, no Qt3 support anymore.

Yes, but KDE 4.8 will come before Qt 5 does so that's a non issue too.

> Best get it removed everywhere as soon as possible.

Disagree, removing it for the sake of removing it, is just opening the can to
bugs for no real reason.

> (As well as QWidget/QPainter code, too, of course.)

Hope you are really joking with this one.

Albert