BC question about derived private classes

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Tue May 24 13:46:59 BST 2011

Hi,

KCalendarSystem is a public class with many virtual methods which are
reimplemented in derived classes such as KCalendarSystemGregorian.  The
derived classes are not exported or part of the api, only KCalendarSystem is
exposed, but the derived classes are created and returned in a static factory
method.  Most of these method re-implementations simply pass the call through
to the base class implementations.

I'm now marking a number of the base class virtual methods as deprecated, so
I'm getting lots of warnings on the derived classes where they simply pass the
call to the base class, so I'm thinking of simply deleting these
reimplememented methods from the private derived classes.  Would I be right in
thinking this will not affect BC or cause any problems?

Cheers!

John.