kdewebkit compilation fails for Mobile profile in trunk

Dawit A adawit at kde.org
Sat May 21 23:26:58 BST 2011

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 5:50 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 21.05.11 13:25:32, Dawit A wrote:
>> No that is a moc issue. The code is properly @ifdef'ed out in the
>> code, but the generated moc file does not seem to exclude it. That is
>> why you get the message:
>>
>> /home/arysin/kde/build/KDE/kdelibs/kdewebkit/kgraphicswebview.moc:91:6:
>> error: prototype for ‘void
>> KGraphicsWebView::selectionClipboardUrlPasted(const KUrl&)’ does not
>> match any in class ‘KGraphicsWebView’
>> /home/arysin/work/OSS/KDE/kdelibs/kdewebkit/kgraphicswebview.h:146:10:
>> error: candidate is: void
>> KGraphicsWebView::selectionClipboardUrlPasted(const KUrl&, const
>> QString&)
>>
>> Dunno why that would be... Perhaps whomever it is that added the
>> ifndef around that signal could comment.
>
> Maybe that changed these days, but moc does not know anything about
> preprocessor-defines - except for a few hardcoded ones. So if you want
> moc to ignore some code, you'll possibly have to find another way.

That is why I said whomever added the #ifdef around the signal can
deal with it. I surely did not put that there since I no need to build
kdelibs that way. Perhaps there is a trick to work around this
limitation, since this cannot be the only signal that is deprecated,
but I do not know what that might be...