A Qt replacement for KGlobal::ref and deref

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sat May 21 07:05:31 BST 2011

On Saturday, 21 de May de 2011 05:39:44 Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Thiago Macieira <thiago <at> kde.org> writes:
> > so just to be painfully clear (it's a monday morning here, i worked
> >
> > > all weekend and i still have house packing to do, please excuse my
> > > obtuseness ;): IF a refcoutning patch is offered which ties all
> > > window
> > > visibility (setQuitOnLastWindowClosed, QSystemTray, etc) to the
> > > refcounting behind the scenes but which also exposes said
> > > refcounting as the quit-on-last-window feature with stern and
> > > accurate descriptions on how it works, that would be accepted?
> >
> > I think so. You'd have my support.
> >
> > But I'm not the maintainer for QApplication.
>
> I'm revisiting this issue now. Who is the maintainer of QApplication? Can I
> get an irc nick or email address suitable for public mailing lists?

There isn't a maintainer. It's either shared responsibility or orphaned, as
many things in Qt are. The assignment of maintainers isn't done yet.

The mailing list for discussing these things is lacking. The next best thing
is qt5-feedback.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358