Klipper

Steven Sroka sroka.steven at gmail.com
Tue May 17 03:07:01 BST 2011

On 16 May 2011 20:45, Sune Vuorela <nospam at vuorela.dk> wrote:
> On 2011-05-16, Steven Sroka <sroka.steven at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Huh? klipper is part of kdebase-workspace. It does not depend on it in
>>> the sense of an external dependency.
>>>
>>> kdebase-workspace is meant to be a single module giving you a working
>>> KDE desktop, that includes a clipboard and hence klipper is part of it.
>>
>> Aha! Thanks. I should ask what else is included in kdebase-workspace?
>> (I don't need much detail)
>>

> ksysguard
> systemsettings
> kwin
> plasma-desktop
> plasma-netbook
> kinfocenter
> khotkeys
> kmenuedit
> freespacenotifier
> ksmserver
> cursors
> krunner
> ksplash
> kwrited
> powerdevil
> some solid plugins
> and the qt platform plugin
>
> and maybe something more.

Would it be plausilbe to have kdebase-workspace include critical
things like systemsettings, kwin, plasma-desktop, plasma-netbook,
cursors, powerdevil, etc. and have the extra things in a seperate
package? Ie. Klipper, ksysguard and so forth.

Unfortunately, what would be considered *extra* would be based on
subjective opinions.