Projects in KDE Review for more than two weeks

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Thu May 12 10:13:15 BST 2011

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 8:58 PM, Gilles Caulier
<caulier.gilles at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> libkface, libkmap and libmediawiki need to be move into extragear/libs
> component. All are used by digiKam and kipi-plugins for the moment. we
> have already discuted about this move in the past (we cannot find a
> right way to move this libs in an official KDE component as
> kdegraphics.
>
> So extragear/libs is fine for the moment. next move can be done later
> in another place if necessary.

Ok, they have now been moved to Extragear libraries.

> Q: how do you perform a move from a KDE component as kdereview to
> extragear/libs WITHOUT to lost git commit history ? In the past, a
> simple svn mv been enough. With git it's impossible to do... Do you
> use git export/import feature ? If yes, it sound a complex task to do,
> to simply move code around global git KDE repository. Can you post
> here the command line to use, just to learn this stuff. Thanks in
> advance...

The git repositories themselves on git.kde.org do not move when you
move between playground, review and extragear. If you integrate into a
SC module which uses a monolithic approach, then some special work is
required to integrate the repository history. If it is a split module,
it is a similar change as for playground, review and extragear.

That change is adjusting a setting on KDE Projects (Called Subproject
Of), which at this time is only accessible by Sysadmins (due to a
limitation in Redmine groups unfortunately - it can't handle 2000+
members particularly well)

> Gilles Caulier

Regards,
Ben Cooksley