Userconfig: A KCModule for users and groups configuration

Nicolas Ternisien nicolas.ternisien at gmail.com
Tue May 10 16:00:46 BST 2011

Hi Romain,

I'm Nicolas Ternisien, the quiet KDE Admin coordinator. That's a good
news that userconfig tries to come back (again) to KDE Admin. Indeed,
the last time we were pushing it, the fact it lacked LDAP support was
the most problematic thing for replacing KUser. If it is planned, then
we can decently think about replacing it.

As Christoph said, simply follow the classical workflow (playground ->
kdereview -> KDE) in order to integrate userconfig to KDE. Of course,
we will have to migrate KDE Admin to GIT first, but that's another
issue...

Nicolas