Changing the defaults for HTTP ACCEPT, ACCEPT-LANGUAGE and USERAGENT headers

Maksim Orlovich mo85 at cornell.edu
Sun May 8 20:56:57 BST 2011

1) Does this actually fix anything? Did you do any testing?
2) 'like Gecko' was added by Apple guys for a very good reason (UA sniffing)
3) It would be incorrect to add xhtml accepts to khtml's accept-type.
XHTML parsing is buggy, and isn't really worth prioritizing fixing (on
accounts on basically no-one using it)