Review Request: Using KWallet to store Cookies

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Wed May 4 03:59:21 BST 2011

On Wed, 4 May 2011 12:25:07 PM José Millán Soto wrote:
> It's a simple way to store the cookies encrypted.
I think Ingo's question is about _why_ you want to encrypt cookies.

We don't usually encrypt for no reason (it just makes everything slower). We
encrypt to protect information from some specific kind of risk. If you can't
explain the risk (often presented as a scenario, and called a threat model),
then how do you know if you're actually providing any mitigation / reduction
of the risk?

What is the risk you are trying to address?

Brad