Review kdelibs whiting/fixQByteArrays

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Mon May 2 18:37:58 BST 2011

Le Monday 02 May 2011, David Faure a écrit :

> Another one:
>
> -      envs << QString::fromLatin1( QByteArray("DISPLAY=") + dpystring );
> +    envs << QString::fromLatin1( QByteArray(QByteArray("DISPLAY=") +
> dpystring) );

Should be QLatin1String("DISPLAY=") + QLatin1String(dpystring)
(Assuming dpystring is char*)

> Is this still because QString::fromLatin1( const QByteArray& ) is missing,
> so it has to cast to const char* here too? Olivier, wouldn't it make sense
> to have such an overload? (It would save a strlen, too).

Yes, maybe  QString::fromLatin1(const QByteArray&) would make sens
But it might brake source compatibility if the call becomes ambiguous.

The reason why we brake source compatibility with QT_USE_FAST_OPERATOR_PLUS is
because this one was not documented.  But maybe the new operator should only
be enabled if QT_USE_FAST_OPERATOR_PLUS is defined to 2 or something.