4.6 branches created in git again

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Mon Mar 21 21:30:55 GMT 2011

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 08:24:24PM +0000, Tom Albers wrote:
> I'm a team player, that means I trust on others to educate me, correct me

you may have noticed that all the job ads looking for team players also
emphasize independence and self-motivation. i.e., the ability to
complete day-to-day tasks on your own.

let me try:
  google git ref => second hit (the first being obviously too generic)
  git help ref<tab-complete> # bingo - perfect starting point
  git help | grep ref # well ... could be better ...

> that also means I don't have to learn git.

hearing that from a sysadmin makes me *really* scared.

but then, kde always had the culture of fixing mistakes instead of
avoiding them (as in, stuff that gets committed). we have about 500
backups (clones) of the repositories and nobody except me seems to care
whether the scm history is useful anyway. so whatever - let's have fun!
had your daily pull --rebase screwup already? no? way to go ...