OpenPrinting Summit - Print Dialog and Colour Management

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 20 20:02:46 GMT 2011

On Sunday 20 Mar 2011 17:48:09 Christoph Bartoschek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> do you refer to the dialog I see for one of our printers?  Which options do
> you want to see?  The "General" tab?
>
> By the way, is there any reason to prevent resizing of the dialog?
>
> I've disabled this and made 3 screenshots showing the general dialog.
>
> http://www.pontohonk.de/screenshots/cpd-1.png
> http://www.pontohonk.de/screenshots/cpd-2.png
> http://www.pontohonk.de/screenshots/cpd-3.png
>
> Christoph

Wow, thats some set of printer options :-)  Definately too long.

As I've said earlier, the dialog still needs polishing, and the options
filtering looks to be one of those things needing work.  Cases like this will
be a good test of the usability design.  I think the big problem is people
will need to unlearn that those are tabs with fixed groups of settings, but
rather filters that can be mixed and matched to produce dynamic results.

John.