OpenPrinting Summit - Print Dialog and Colour Management

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Mar 17 06:29:16 GMT 2011

Well... Kai-Uwe and Richard Hughes have had huge discussions on colord on the openicc mailing list (http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/openicc) -- too huge for me to follow them. This list might be a good starting place for more info. For what I got out of it, colord seems to be, like so many "generic" libraries be focussed on gnome/gtk-first, while oyranos (Kai-Uwe's system) is burdened by using a config system that nobody packages. But that impression might be outdated and is certainly over-simplified.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org, http://www.krita.org