Automount security concerns?

Markus Slopianka markus.s at kdemail.net
Fri Mar 11 19:27:20 GMT 2011

I'm wondering if you took the time to actually try Plasma Desktop before posting that
mail.
By default no drive is mounted automatically. Device Notifier just notifies that a new
drive is present. Users have to click first (either in the Plasma popup or Dolphin's side
bar) to mount the drive. To get automatic mounting, the user has to change settings first.
Because of this the gives attack case is of no concern.