OpenPrinting Job Offer

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Wed Jun 29 10:19:44 BST 2011

Hi,

OpenPrinting (a Linux Foundation project) has been working for a number of
years to implement the Common Print Dialog [1], a shared print dialog design
and implementation for all Linux desktops.  They have now secured some
government funding to complete a Qt version of the dialog in co-operation with
Canonical for inclusion in the Ubuntu 11.10 release.

OpenPrinting are looking for an experienced Qt developer to start work asap on
a short term contract to complete the implementation. The ideal candidate
would have good gui and dbus skills, and any printing knowledge is a big plus.
Having a KDE person do the job would ensure our needs are catered for.

If you're interested, drop me a line asap with a brief summary of your
experience and I'll pass your details on.  They would like anyone interested
to participate in a tele-conference on Friday afternoon to discuss the project
plan with Canonical, please indicate if you will be able to participate.

Cheers!

John.

[1]
https://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/openprinting/commonprintingdialog