KAr class - No support for writing

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Thu Jun 16 18:00:53 BST 2011

Hi,

I have a short question about the matter in the topic. :) I have just
realized: there is no implementation for writing inside the KAr class.
May I ask what the reason is for this situation ?  Personally, based
on the fact that KTar and KZip, which are also subclasses of KArchive,
both support reading and writing, I think an implementation for
writing in KAr might make sense. I am asking because we would like to
write "ar" files in our KDE project, so there is a need for this on
our side.

I can also help with this task to implement it (as I have already done
similar previously, but in a very low-level way with C (: ), if it is
not against the design in some way. Is it a design decision to not
support this functionality this way ?

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp